Topic: [bug]optimize-cpu-usage

Hello.  When I attempt to run the game using this parameter I get the following message:

opensurge: bad command line option "--optimize-cpu-usage"
Run opensurge --help to get more information.

Me and KZR were attempting to run it with this command in our testbox environment, but we could not.  Is this flag invalid?

If I knew then what I know now I'd tell you that the story's true.  Cause whatever you do, it comes back to you.  -Slaughter, Burning Bridges

Re: [bug]optimize-cpu-usage

it's fixed on 618, but you won't notice any difference on the cpu usage when using this. it is enabled no matter what you do on the latest build.

my plan is to have the cpu using 100% of its capacity in 0.2.0 (like it did before), and to have this option to decrease the cpu usage. after getting a lot of feedback from people with a wide range of hardware and OSes, i can decide if this optimization is good enough to make it into the game.

Re: [bug]optimize-cpu-usage

Excellent, thank you.  I'll help you test it when 0.2.0 final comes out and I can test the difference between full and optimized.

If I knew then what I know now I'd tell you that the story's true.  Cause whatever you do, it comes back to you.  -Slaughter, Burning Bridges