Topic: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

Merry Christmas. What better way to celebrate than to go to a grassland filled with treacherous obstacles? tongue

Mechanical Marathon Demo: Third Revision

This pack contains Lush Path Zone. This zone has been unrevealed until now... so it should be a new experience for everyone!

Try to find the ban hammer to get rid of those pesky spam blocks... they get in the way of a lot of shortcuts and items that can help you. However... they are usually hidden extremely well.

Includes BETAS of objects I've been working on... skydive objects, fans, the noise platforms (unused), and a custom boss in act 3 (you should find it... interesting. >:-) ) There's a lot and I have to write tutorials for them, but heres the basic concept:

-Skydive On turns on Skydive mode, Skydive off turns it off. Look in levels to see how I did it. (Though they intersect and cause you to just flip down in this case)

-Noise platforms are switched by... switch. Blacks and Whites are synched together and switch without touching a switch.

-Bosses are triggered through boss arenas.

That should at least give you a fairly general idea.

Act 1 seems pretty empty right now (will be fixed), but act 2 should give you plenty to worry about. Act 3 is a boss act.

Screenshots to come.

EDIT: Made tunnels more like tunnels. and got rid of some screenshots :-p

EDIT 2: Fixed Link.

Last edited by SilverstepP (2011-03-12 14:18:30)

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

2 words: great game smile
design and animation is great, except the background. that's so Blockade.
the enemies are difficult, too difficult. but it is not level 1.
and the object are very nice thought.

it is difficult because there are almost no rings, and I hate spam mad
http://serve.mysmiley.net/sign/sign0014.gif

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

ssdw wrote:

2 words: great game smile
design and animation is great, except the background. that's so Blockade.
the enemies are difficult, too difficult. but it is not level 1.
and the object are very nice thought.

it is difficult because there are almost no rings, and I hate spam mad
http://serve.mysmiley.net/sign/sign0014.gif

Well, I'm working on the bg.

Also I'm not quite sure if I want to make this quest 'ring based' or not... I'm still debating.

Plus I said act 1 was pretty empty. Act 2 gives you some rings to work with.

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

Does the noise platform require the bleeding edge?
If it does, which revision?

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

Sambo wrote:

Does the noise platform require the bleeding edge?
If it does, which revision?

The noise platforms in this require variables. I'm not sure exactly which rev that it is, but it does require the bleeding edge. This demo is using 301 but it may have been allowed earlier than that.

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

whoa!

the loops are so smooth!

there's a rich set of interesting objects! That Air Current thing is awesome! We really should adopt it in Open Surge!

and that boss is frikkin' awesome!! [spoiler] it can freeze me! [/spoiler]

it's very difficult, though. and you have left plenty of interesting files in the screenshots/ folder cool

some bricks seem to be bugged. you can get into walls (and it doesn't seem like a secret passage):

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2155/s048.png http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8649/s051.png

happens in other places too.

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

Alexandre wrote:

whoa!

the loops are so smooth!

there's a rich set of interesting objects! That Air Current thing is awesome! We really should adopt it in Open Surge!

and that boss is frikkin' awesome!! [spoiler] it can freeze me! [/spoiler]

it's very difficult, though. and you have left plenty of interesting files in the screenshots/ folder cool

(O_O ALEX, SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I LEFT SOME SCREENS IN THERE THAT WAS REFERRING TO A SECRET PROJECT!!!)

some bricks seem to be bugged. you can get into walls (and it doesn't seem like a secret passage):

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2155/s048.png http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8649/s051.png

happens in other places too.

The wall thing was intentional... once you find the ban hammer you'll see why. (SPOILER) Well, but I'm fixing it now.

Theres a lot of tunnels in that area. It happens nowhere else (at least it shouldn't).

I'm glad you like the objects! They're getting polished.

And the loops all fit the grid.

EDIT: See first post

Last edited by SilverstepP (2010-12-25 03:40:44)

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

hey it won't work i get all these errors

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

harley wrote:

hey it won't work i get all these errors

I think your messages are not complete, or do you sometimes forget.
because where are the errors?

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

Just unpack and play it. You can't use these levels in 0.1.4 or the bleeding edges as the objects do not exist in the normal releases.

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

Unpack in a new folder

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

i can share in sonic website?
ps:congratulations

Last edited by So-Nick (2010-12-26 14:49:02)

http://www.powersonic.com.br/downloads/gifs/sonic_32bits/sonicknucklesemeraldsma.gif

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

So-Nick wrote:

i can share in sonic website?
ps:congratulations

It depends. Which one do you have in mind.

I'd rather share it myself, honestly. Once it becomes more than a demo (and when i fix the blocky background), then I may share it more openly to other sites.

Last edited by SilverstepP (2010-12-26 17:06:45)

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

so, you can stop at this point and spindash to the left:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1360/s054.png

he'll get through the bricks

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

Alexandre wrote:

so, you can stop at this point and spindash to the left:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1360/s054.png

he'll get through the bricks

o_O you're right.

I'll try to fix this asap. (perhaps a spring or something could help)

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

SilverstepP wrote:

It depends. Which one do you have in mind.
I'd rather share it myself, honestly. Once it becomes more than a demo (and when i fix the blocky background), then I may share it more openly to other sites

http://powersonic.com.br/downloads/fan_games/index.htm

http://www.powersonic.com.br/downloads/gifs/sonic_32bits/sonicknucklesemeraldsma.gif

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

So-Nick wrote:
SilverstepP wrote:

It depends. Which one do you have in mind.
I'd rather share it myself, honestly. Once it becomes more than a demo (and when i fix the blocky background), then I may share it more openly to other sites

http://powersonic.com.br/downloads/fan_games/index.htm

Hmmm... not yet. Let's get some bugs and other things found first (like that spindash bug Alex pointed out).

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

the link of post go to island fortress yikes

http://www.powersonic.com.br/downloads/gifs/sonic_32bits/sonicknucklesemeraldsma.gif

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

... huh? o_o

Well... dang. What happened there. I think ssdw must have changed something...

Last edited by SilverstepP (2011-03-09 23:45:28)

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

the link for correct download:
http://surgeswarehouse.ssdw.nl/downloadomods.php?0

http://www.powersonic.com.br/downloads/gifs/sonic_32bits/sonicknucklesemeraldsma.gif

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

So-Nick wrote:

the link for correct download:
http://surgeswarehouse.ssdw.nl/downloadomods.php?0

Still wondering what happened to my link, but thanks a lot for that!

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

Ah... April Fool's day. What say we celebrate by creating an invincibility box in a level in my mod and hitting it?

That's right. I've planned this little joke since Christmas, when it first came out. lol I can't believe it made it under the radar for this long without any of you catching on. big_smile

http://www.ticketloot.com/content_images/bill_cosby_orig.jpg

Bill Cosby approves of this message.

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

can't believe you waited this long! cool

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

Alexandre wrote:

can't believe you waited this long! cool

What can I say? I like a good joke. XD

Re: Mechanical Marathon Demo: Lush Path

it's a great game, I love it:)