Re: Water (I know it has bugs but I hope they will be fixed soon)

I've updated the water object, and fixed a few bugs that I've found since it was first created.  I am currently working on a motion modifier system using the on_button_down script which will slow down the player while they are in water, however it still has bugs and I won't post it until it's better.

Remember, if you install the new version of this object you have two choices:
1. Remove all old water and blackbox objects from all your levels.
2. Edit your level codes and remove all instances of "0.9" from your code to avoid nanoparser errors.

Last edited by lunarrush (2011-01-04 17:06:57)

If I knew then what I know now I'd tell you that the story's true.  Cause whatever you do, it comes back to you.  -Slaughter, Burning Bridges

Re: Water (I know it has bugs but I hope they will be fixed soon)

you should take a look at the speed detector object. i'm sure you can adapt the detection formula to limit max speed. you can also simulate lower gravity by adding a ground detector to the player's feet. make it the scale of a spring, 3/4 horizontally and 1/2 vertically. when it is not colliding with the ground, moves the player one pixel up at a fixed interval, smoothly reducing gravity. to reduce acceleration it's about the same, you just need the speed formula to move the player in the opposite direction in x% of the speed you're moving