Re: Hi!

neves wrote:

and it's hilarious how disorganized you all seem to be

that's perfet because
http://24.media.tumblr.com/b7dc709831c5414452f81844d07ca0be/tumblr_mgk0g0JvtX1r7ui8go1_500.gif

DID SOMEONE SAY CHAOS?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjeOm860UgyZvhH8Et6_wq-PK14E5EqQNXcobEAuLJSw3R0Ij6

Last edited by SupertheHedgie (2013-08-09 07:18:23)

Re: Hi!

SilverstepP wrote:

Allow me to show you just how wrong you are.

I'm making this game called Haywire. Sure, its not on the Open Surge engine. It's made in Construct 2. However, it started out here. It's nowhere near done yet, I'll admit. But I'm still learning about this new engine I'm using. I am still making music for it, and still developing art for all the sprites and backgrounds. I'm doing basically this entire game by myself, on my own time, on top of a job and my college education.

Oh and let's not forget one member of the forum who was inspired from his game-making experiences here to make a game that won fourth globally in the Microsoft Imagine Cup. Some fun facts for you: I helped with that too by making music, and this entire game was liked by Alexey Pajitnov. For those of you don't know, that's the man who created Tetris. He was a judge in this competition.

I was taking your argument of "look at these good games" seriously until I actually opened the links. This Haywire of yours is Sonic reskinned. Yes, swallow your pride and look at it. We have seen stories of people like you repeat over and over again thanks to your highness Arrobalex. Your mind is so stuck into Sonic, that even when you try to make something original, the running animation is a copy of Sonic's running animation, the engine itself is "slippery" like Sonic's is. Which just shows that you're a sonicnoob (and yes I put them damn words together because I just created a new word. This is the Internet, not your English class).

The pig game is "okish". Yes, I know what I'm talking about, I see indie/amateur games weekly since 2003. The pig game is Ok, nothing brilliant, not bad either. But notice that just one guy in that 4-person team was a member from this community. The rest are not, I suppose.

So if the best you can give me from this amazing community is one sonic ripoff and one guy that happened to be part of team that made an OKISH game, I gotta tell you this is a forum of sonicnoobs. Not even the best 1% is that good, so the 99% rest must be really trashy. Sonic trashy.

As a sidenote:
Let me tell you something, American. Certificates and prizes mean nothing about the quality of something. It's just a pat on the back. Microsoft is just desperately pouring money into these stuff because they need games on WP platform and this is the best they can do. That's what Microsoft always does: pour money into problems and expect they get solved. Patting people on the back is their way of motivating others to keep on going that direction, it doesn't mean they are awesome games. Hell, not even if you sell a lot does it mean that your game is good. PS: Microsoft pays this Alexey Pajitnov just for the name he has.

Take FarmVille for instance. It's a shitty and addictive game. It failed miserably and no one remembers it anymore. It got two labels: one of the 50 worst inventions of the last decades by Time magazine, and an award at GDC for best new social game in 2010. Now tell me that awards mean somethnig. Just look at the game and you know it's bad quality. Awards and certificates are just one other stupid thing that your country is responsible for spitting into this world.


But hey! Sorry, you can't reply to this comment because you promised to leave the discussion. smile

Re: Hi!

This entire forum wrote:

Shit-throwing back and forth, still not achieving anything whatsoever

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24102763/derf/download.gif

Last edited by SupertheHedgie (2013-08-09 08:31:42)

Re: Hi!

Alexandre wrote:

> The community itself must filter out trolls and spammers, but any newcomer should be welcomed.

Do you really believe that?

Of course, milady. That's called Quora.com and Stackexchange.com. Or do you prefer to be the king filtering out everything by yourself?

Re: Hi!

STALTZ wrote:

So if the best you can give me from this amazing community is one sonic ripoff and one guy that happened to be part of team that made an OKISH game, I gotta tell you this is a forum of sonicnoobs. Not even the best 1% is that good, so the 99% rest must be really trashy. Sonic trashy.

Its called inspiration, not ripping someone off.  For example, one can hear a beautiful symphony and then turn around and use that as inspiration to make their own music.  Slippery physics are present in a lot of games, does that mean that every single game that uses them is ripping off sonic?  Even if he was trying to make a Sonic clone he is still learning the art of design, and what that means is that there will be more created in this world and you're painting that as a bad thing.  Those points aren't even starting on the fact that he is, indeed, a one man team and doesn't have the time, money, or resources to pour into polish like the triple A industry does.

You come into this forum claiming to be fighting a monarchy but providing no viable alternative and instead taking the time to bash on another.  You come here claiming that awards mean nothing when to an independent developer they can mean the world.  So, if you're so great I ask you, how does one become great except through trial and error.  Nobody is born perfect, and I am sure that includes you.

STALTZ wrote:

But hey! Sorry, you can't reply to this comment because you promised to leave the discussion.

Wow, taking pot shots to try to get him back, you must really miss him interrupting your very important pot shots at this community ;-).

If I knew then what I know now I'd tell you that the story's true.  Cause whatever you do, it comes back to you.  -Slaughter, Burning Bridges

Re: Hi!

'Waiting for inevitably book-length counter-post by STALTZ'
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24102763/derf/popcorn.gif

Last edited by SupertheHedgie (2013-08-09 08:53:11)

Re: Hi!

neves wrote:

estou a-man-do você usar essa palavrinha que eu só mencionei uma vez, significa MUITA coisa big_smile

STALTZ wrote:

Awards and certificates are just one other stupid thing that your country is responsible for spitting into this world.

STALTZ wrote:

But hey! Sorry, you can't reply to this comment because you promised to leave the discussion.

Risos.

Last edited by diogo123 (2013-08-09 10:05:58)

Re: Hi!

lunarrush wrote:

Its called inspiration, not ripping someone off.  For example, one can hear a beautiful symphony and then turn around and use that as inspiration to make their own music.  Slippery physics are present in a lot of games, does that mean that every single game that uses them is ripping off sonic?  Even if he was trying to make a Sonic clone he is still learning the art of design, and what that means is that there will be more created in this world and you're painting that as a bad thing.  Those points aren't even starting on the fact that he is, indeed, a one man team and doesn't have the time, money, or resources to pour into polish like the triple A industry does.

Independent game developer?

All these questions, properly weighted, raise questions about the growing influence of the media is an opening for the improvement of vertical relationships between the hierarchies. Or do you somehow relate Sonic with the paintings of art? Or perhaps the creation of FORUMS. Dear friends, the fair trial of eventualities may lead us to consider the restructuring of the vertical relationships between the hierarchies.

So what do YOU care about?

lunarrush wrote:

You come into this forum claiming to be fighting a monarchy but providing no viable alternative and instead taking the time to bash on another.  You come here claiming that awards mean nothing when to an independent developer they can mean the world.  So, if you're so great I ask you, how does one become great except through trial and error.  Nobody is born perfect, and I am sure that includes you.

In this way, the Internet phenomenon plays an essential role in the formulation of the survey of the variables involved. How can you determine to what extent can an immature not be as equal or higher than those that are not administrators? Who chooses? Me? Therefore, the current structure of the organization hinders the appreciation of the importance of alternatives to orthodox solutions.

Do you think it's important to question how the competitiveness of Sonic forums presents trends in order to approve the maintenance of preferred directions towards progress of better indie games? Do you disagree/agree/object?

Re: Hi!

STALTZ wrote:

In this way, the Internet phenomenon plays an essential role in the formulation of the survey of the variables involved. How can you determine to what extent can an immature not be as equal or higher than those that are not administrators? Who chooses? Me? Therefore, the current structure of the organization hinders the appreciation of the importance of alternatives to orthodox solutions.

I agree that it is important to always test further solutions to a problem, this is how new solutions are found which may be just as viable as any other if not better.  My claim is that you came here to fight a monarchy but I'm not yet understanding how your solution would work in a community.  Would it be possible to test this on a large scale, if so how would one go about ensuring that the project was truly unbiased?
You have presented some compelling arguments that forum moderation should occur in a more democratic form, however this leads to the possibility of mob rule and eventual decent into madness, for example one can create many accounts to directly influence the power they have over the community as a whole leading to the very dictatorship you are fighting against.
My question at this point is how we can overcome these problems and lead to a successful solution and potential implementation.

STALTZ wrote:

Do you think it's important to question how the competitiveness of Sonic forums presents trends in order to approve the maintenance of preferred directions towards progress of better indie games? Do you disagree/agree/object?

Yes, of course it is an important part of the question, the other important part is how the cooperation found in the aforementioned forums influences the correlation toward better indie games.  So, would this environment be considered a competitive one or a cooperative one, I would make the argument for the cooperative nature being more influential here than the competitive nature because of the open nature of the source code of every game developed on the engine found here.

STALTZ wrote:

All these questions, properly weighted, raise questions about the growing influence of the media is an opening for the improvement of vertical relationships between the hierarchies. Or do you somehow relate Sonic with the paintings of art? Or perhaps the creation of FORUMS. Dear friends, the fair trial of eventualities may lead us to consider the restructuring of the vertical relationships between the hierarchies.

I compare the creating of games with that of any other art, one must start with the foundations and improve from there.  I do also consider the creation of forums to be a form of art, everyone can have a different take on it but it still tends to follow certain trends.  My earlier comparison of a symphony to a budding musicians songs comes from an interest in how in musical popular culture songs tend to follow the same four chord structure again and again and yet we still consider each its own work rather than a ripoff of an older work such as Pachelbel's Canon.

If I have misunderstood any of your post please rephrase, if any of my answers aren't satisfactory please ask me for more.

If I knew then what I know now I'd tell you that the story's true.  Cause whatever you do, it comes back to you.  -Slaughter, Burning Bridges

Re: Hi!

lunarrush wrote:

I compare the creating of games with that of any other art, one must start with the foundations and improve from there.  I do also consider the creation of forums to be a form of art, everyone can have a different take on it but it still tends to follow certain trends.  My earlier comparison of a symphony to a budding musicians songs comes from an interest in how in musical popular culture songs tend to follow the same four chord structure again and again and yet we still consider each its own work rather than a ripoff of an older work such as Pachelbel's Canon.

And guess what, the most successful guys came up with totaly innovative ideias yikes

http://i39.tinypic.com/o6zq6o.png

Re: Hi!

Yuush wrote:
lunarrush wrote:

I compare the creating of games with that of any other art, one must start with the foundations and improve from there.  I do also consider the creation of forums to be a form of art, everyone can have a different take on it but it still tends to follow certain trends.  My earlier comparison of a symphony to a budding musicians songs comes from an interest in how in musical popular culture songs tend to follow the same four chord structure again and again and yet we still consider each its own work rather than a ripoff of an older work such as Pachelbel's Canon.

And guess what, the most successful guys came up with totaly innovative ideias yikes

Enjoy ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcvd5JZkUXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOlDewpCfZQ

If I knew then what I know now I'd tell you that the story's true.  Cause whatever you do, it comes back to you.  -Slaughter, Burning Bridges

Re: Hi!

http://glothelegend.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/yes.jpg

Yoshimitsu the Hedgehog

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/518/4zcx.jpg

Re: Hi!

lunarrush wrote:
Yuush wrote:
lunarrush wrote:

I compare the creating of games with that of any other art, one must start with the foundations and improve from there.  I do also consider the creation of forums to be a form of art, everyone can have a different take on it but it still tends to follow certain trends.  My earlier comparison of a symphony to a budding musicians songs comes from an interest in how in musical popular culture songs tend to follow the same four chord structure again and again and yet we still consider each its own work rather than a ripoff of an older work such as Pachelbel's Canon.

And guess what, the most successful guys came up with totaly innovative ideias yikes

Enjoy ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcvd5JZkUXY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOlDewpCfZQ

Being derivative doesn't mean that it's ok to rip off.

Dude, you guys here are far from being inspired only. Your work here reflects lack of originality. The Beatles -for example- became famous not because they got inspired by another genre, but because they made it hard to know where inspiration came from, that's what I meant. So you listen to Helter Skelter -for instance- and you can't tell where they got their inspiration.

On the other hand you guys are blatantly stuck into Sonic's universe. You're so dependent on it that you guys seem not to be capable of creating any original work. That's what I meant.

So stop bragging yourselves for ripping Sonic off; it's not inspiration, that's laziness.

Last edited by Yuush (2013-08-09 11:31:26)

http://i39.tinypic.com/o6zq6o.png

Re: Hi!

Yuush wrote:

Being derivative doesn't mean that it should COPY.
Dude, you guys here are far from being inspired only. Your work here reflects a lack of originality. The Beatles, for example, became famous not because they got inspired by another genre, but because they made ir hard to know where inspiration came from, that's what I meant.
But you guys still """create""" sonic related stuff like 2nd graders. OMG, you're so innovative!!!!11!!!

Well of course it shouldn't copy directly, similar mechanics is not copying.  You are referring to us all in the general again, dangerous business that, someone might just go and surprise you and then you'd be left with your harsh generalizations looking idiotic for assuming that everyone belongs in the same bucket.

If I knew then what I know now I'd tell you that the story's true.  Cause whatever you do, it comes back to you.  -Slaughter, Burning Bridges

Re: Hi!

I wouldn't feel idiotic if someone came up with a freaking original and decent project. It's the other way around, dude. I'd really be glad if that happened.

So enough of words, show me what you've got (if you have the balls)

http://i39.tinypic.com/o6zq6o.png

Re: Hi!

lunarrush wrote:

I agree that it is important to always test further solutions to a problem, this is how new solutions are found which may be just as viable as any other if not better.  My claim is that you came here to fight a monarchy but I'm not yet understanding how your solution would work in a community.  Would it be possible to test this on a large scale, if so how would one go about ensuring that the project was truly unbiased?
You have presented some compelling arguments that forum moderation should occur in a more democratic form, however this leads to the possibility of mob rule and eventual decent into madness, for example one can create many accounts to directly influence the power they have over the community as a whole leading to the very dictatorship you are fighting against.
My question at this point is how we can overcome these problems and lead to a successful solution and potential implementation.

You dont know the details of the incorporated techniques. I would like to emphasize that the complexity of the studies conducted ensures the contribution of an important group in determining the corporate paradigms. They fight against spammers and such madness cases with many accounts. Everything is carefully engineered, and not yet published to the world of course.

I would like to ask YOU something different, though. You said:

lunarrush wrote:

I compare the creating of games with that of any other art, one must start with the foundations and improve from there.  I do also consider the creation of forums to be a form of art, everyone can have a different take on it but it still tends to follow certain trends.  My earlier comparison of a symphony to a budding musicians songs comes from an interest in how in musical popular culture songs tend to follow the same four chord structure again and again and yet we still consider each its own work rather than a ripoff of an older work such as Pachelbel's Canon.

But how does the fair trial of eventualities promote the leverage of the postures of game development in relation to art? I mean, think about it, there are questions about how the adoption of decentralized game inspiration cause indirect impact on revaluation of cultural paradigms. I would like to see you answer whether or not the continued expansion of our game development forums require precision and definition of the sense of community and art. That is beyond. Way beyond.

I don't know why you come here, what brought you, or whether you like to think about art on your free time. But one thing is very interesting to me. The encouragement of technological advancement, as well as the understanding of the goals proposed promotes the desired leverage ratios. These leverage ratios are the ones that act as a requirement for decentralized game inspiration. Or do you think cultural paradigms are just an excuse for defining art and community? This community here, in particular, doesn't look that very eccentric to me. Does it look to you?

This must be a joke....

Re: Hi!

Yuush wrote:

I wouldn't feel idiotic if someone came up with a freaking original and decent project. It's the other way around, dude. I'd really be glad if that happened.
So enough of words, show me what you've got (if you have the balls)

Actually I am cooking something up, perhaps when I have it a bit more ready I'll release a snapshot so you can enjoy it, as it is right now its really just barely getting started and I have a lot of mechanics to perfect before anyone other than me will get to see it.  The reason I continue to say you really shouldn't generalize is because sites like this are where people take their first steps so to speak into the world of game development, discouraging these budding developers doesn't help anyone, and there are honestly some sonic fan-games which might surprise you such as Eggman Hates Furrys.

If I knew then what I know now I'd tell you that the story's true.  Cause whatever you do, it comes back to you.  -Slaughter, Burning Bridges

Re: Hi!

http://www.lucassarmento.xpg.com.br/index.html#

The Above Site wrote:

All these questions, properly weighted, raising doubts about whether the fair trial of eventualities is an openness to improving relationships between vertical hierarchies.

Interesting, almost word for word with:

STALTZ wrote:

All these questions, properly weighted, raise questions about the growing influence of the media is an opening for the improvement of vertical relationships between the hierarchies. Or do you somehow relate Sonic with the paintings of art? Or perhaps the creation of FORUMS. Dear friends, the fair trial of eventualities may lead us to consider the restructuring of the vertical relationships between the hierarchies.


Now, back to your question:

STALTZ wrote:

I would like to see you answer whether or not the continued expansion of our game development forums require precision and definition of the sense of community and art. That is beyond. Way beyond.

That depends on whether you consider this particular forum from the perspective of the Open Surge team or of a team for a game made from modifying the main game's scripts.  If we were to define only one sense of art and community it would, as far as I can see, progress the central game.  The problem with that is getting every single person on the same motivational track, and attempts to do so may end in splinters or fractures if you will in the very community we are trying to promote the growth and development of.

As for this:

STALTZ wrote:

I don't know why you come here, what brought you, or whether you like to think about art on your free time. But one thing is very interesting to me. The encouragement of technological advancement, as well as the understanding of the goals proposed promotes the desired leverage ratios. These leverage ratios are the ones that act as a requirement for decentralized game inspiration. Or do you think cultural paradigms are just an excuse for defining art and community? This community here, in particular, doesn't look that very eccentric to me. Does it look to you?

Anybody can be inspired to make a game, and you are right in that not everyone has the financial muscle to make a great game, however if an independent team works within their means it can still result in a product worthy of being played.  As such I do not believe discouraging young developers with little financial power is in the best interest of anyone as it stagnates the community when they grow older and do not have the interest but do have the financial power.

STALTZ wrote:

This must be a joke....

What in particular are you referring to with this statement, please clarify if you want me to address it.

If I knew then what I know now I'd tell you that the story's true.  Cause whatever you do, it comes back to you.  -Slaughter, Burning Bridges

Re: Hi!

lunarrush wrote:

http://www.lucassarmento.xpg.com.br/index.html#

The Above Site wrote:

All these questions, properly weighted, raising doubts about whether the fair trial of eventualities is an openness to improving relationships between vertical hierarchies.

Interesting, almost word for word with

WTF? What are you doing?

You're not really understanding my point here. I'm talking about those leverage ratios as for decentralized inspiration, not about whether one has money or not to make their indie game. I know plenty of cases of indie developers that struggle to survive just through freelance jobs, and their free time goes to really well done games. It's not money that makes a good game, but good inspirations. Decentralized inspirations. If your inspiration is all in Sonic, then that's what you'll get, Sonic rip-offs. Not remixes and mutations that evolve into original artwork. Watch http://everythingisaremix.info/ a documentary about this

But that's not what I want to talk about. You've been ignoring me when I've been talking about cultural paradigms VS vertical hierarchies through leverage ratios. Things that REALLY affect communities like this. Real shit. Forums like this, man, happen every once in a while, and it's because we don't get those leverage ratios.

We've seen this story happen all the time. Are you going to hide behind your agastopia for Alex's avatars? Or are you going to face the inequalities that all Sonic gaming-related forums eventually encounter? Again, I'm talking about the fair trial of eventualities. Eventualities those that agree with the ad-hoc occasion that this Sonic community lies in. All you guys love are cute erinaceous-looking things. That's what this is all about. This is about that. Not that about the other one.

Come to the conclusion to "beface" the next adjective that I will give. Stygian. Does that make any sense in your mind? Does it ring a bell? Well it should. We're talking about cultural paradigms, which are not the same across the years. Can you see that Sonic is just like all the other "halfpaces" that ignore leverage ratios of communities?

lunarrush wrote:
STALTZ wrote:

This must be a joke....

What in particular are you referring to with this statement, please clarify if you want me to address it.

you should know

Re: Hi!

This is cleary a matter of how the range of those social paradigms are intrinsically among us in our communities. As a matter of fact the point of view of originality is certainly too subjective. Despite of that, it's common sense that the use of specific standards while judging a work's legitimacy may be referred or associated with one's own work or point of view about his own sense of self-criticism. It's quite clear, though, that those aspects are being continuously ignored or, at least, underrated, by the one who spin the wheels around here.

Though there might be some efforts against it, some researchers claim that it's just a normal phenomenon. Just look it up on google and you'll find it out. There are conflicts about leadership, originality and several others social clashes everywhere, no only just on the online community. I really dread the fate of the online gaming community in general due to those aspects that are related to those already presentend social paradigms. Knowing how to deal with it is hard and uncertain, and in spite of that, it's impossible to make an accurate prediction of what's going to happen. That's when you just slip up.

Lunarush wrote:

Actually I am cooking something up, perhaps when I have it a bit more ready I'll release a snapshot so you can enjoy it, as it is right now its really just barely getting started and I have a lot of mechanics to perfect before anyone other than me will get to see it.  The reason I continue to say you really shouldn't generalize is because sites like this are where people take their first steps so to speak into the world of game development, discouraging these budding developers doesn't help anyone, and there are honestly some sonic fan-games which might surprise you such as Eggman Hates Furrys.

See? You just haven't realized yet! This kind of sole effort is just not enough to hold an entire big process that has been going on for years! When we were accused of bringing up an old dead topic, you just forgot the importance of remembering the whole process! It's not just for free, it actually costs a lot to public coffers. There's an entire thing going on between nations world-wide. And I'm not talking about frivolous stuff, I'm talking about global stuff! The market of gaming development for some countries is very strict due to the lack of responsability of indie developers who seem not to care or realize about the importance of the management of specific social paradigms related to differente phenomena during the process of development of software. Criativity is being shot down constantly due to negligency. That affects different sectors of economy as well as data retrieving organisms. This is the kind of endeavour that should be taken seriously since it has a global scale range. So, no, it's not just about what you're assuming.

Instead of wasting time reading this, why don't you make a research? Soon you'll find that it's not as easy as it seems. In fact, dealing with spammers everywhere has worn out the credibility of seveveral websites as well as it's vanished the reputation of gaming development of homemade creations. Moreover, the monopoly of the largest companies has struck down all the hopes of those who struggle to earn a piece of the market's pie. So while we argue here, there are lots of conglomerates reinforcing ideologies such as the already shown vertical hierarquies through leverage ratios. The worst part of this is that unimportant people like us can simply keep this system and help it grow by simply ignoring the facts and taking in advance that we're all wrong. What a shame....

Last edited by Yuush (2013-08-09 14:35:18)

http://i39.tinypic.com/o6zq6o.png

Re: Hi!

lunarrush wrote:
Yuush wrote:

Being derivative doesn't mean that it should COPY.
Dude, you guys here are far from being inspired only. Your work here reflects a lack of originality. The Beatles, for example, became famous not because they got inspired by another genre, but because they made ir hard to know where inspiration came from, that's what I meant.
But you guys still """create""" sonic related stuff like 2nd graders. OMG, you're so innovative!!!!11!!!

Well of course it shouldn't copy directly, similar mechanics is not copying.  You are referring to us all in the general again, dangerous business that, someone might just go and surprise you and then you'd be left with your harsh generalizations looking idiotic for assuming that everyone belongs in the same bucket.

Mas señor lunarfush estas errado quando dizes esto,  y, aunque tenía más cuartos que un real y más tachas que el caballo de Gonela

En resolución, él se enfrascó tanto en su letura, que se le pasaban las noches leyendo de claro en claro, y los días de turbio en turbio; y así, del poco dormir y del mucho leer, se le secó el celebro, de manera que vino a perder el juicio.

Re: Hi!

ainda bem que essa merda acabou, poxa alexandre, eu era super seu fan na epoca da gb, fiquei super feliz por vc ter conseguido entrar na usp que eh a faculdade mais foda do brasil, fico super desapontado que voce saiu de lah continuando fazendo osnic pra tentar continuar ficar relevante, eh de dar vergonha puta que pariu cresce logo, so que nao to afim de aturar idiotice

Re: Hi!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24102763/derf/internet_fight_Idiots.gif

Add butchered Portuguese to this picture where it applies.

To the people in the forum: I really don't see why you're trying to impress these people. It's pointless.
I honestly wouldn't (and don't) give a shit about any of their opinions on anything here whatsoever. You can't please everyone with your work, and if these people don't like it, well, too fucking bad for them. It isn't your problem. Just give up responding to these people about anything.

If their opinions didn't change after over 6 years about their site going down, then they won't change about the quality of the community here.

To the attackers: None of you have still really have achieved anything. The topic's barely even about what happened with Alex anymore. All you're doing is creating chaos. That isn't exactly good if you're all trying to 'prove a point', because after all of that fighting, this whole thing is getting more and more pointless. And really, if you're attempting to look sophisticated (which you all obviously are based on how you word your posts), that's all pretty much failing when considering that you're still obsessing about something for over 6 years.

Come on now. Grow the fuck up, all of you. Just quit while you're ahead, and move on.

Oh, one more thing: if certificates and awards are pointless, given someone as 'smart' as you 'non-sonicnoobs' all are, I'm sure at least one of you is in college attempting for a 'pointless' degree (or have already recieved one) that will probably guarantee your future. But those are just for show, I guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously people. Both sides need to be mature and reach a resolution together. None of us posting in this topic are younger than 18 years old (as far as I'm aware). Act your age.

Or one side could just stop posting here completely. That's also a decent alternative.

You're both just wasting time just hurling crap back and forth. Just stop. It's not doing anything for anyone.

Re: Hi!

SupertheHedgie wrote:

To the attackers: None of you have still really have achieved anything. The topic's barely even about what happened with Alex anymore. All you're doing is creating chaos. That isn't exactly good if you're all trying to 'prove a point', because after all of that fighting, this whole thing is getting more and more pointless. And really, if you're attempting to look sophisticated (which you all obviously are based on how you word your posts), that's all pretty much failing when considering that you're still obsessing about something for over 6 years.

Señor SupertheHedgie, por favor mira y se, no soy un atacante y por esto le daba por consejo, pues aún se lo podía mandar como a su ahijado, que tan presto lo había de ser, que no caminase de allí adelante sin dineros y sin las prevenciones referidas, y que vería cuán bien se hallaba con ellas cuando menos se pensase.

Prometióle don Quijote de hacer lo que se le aconsejaba con toda puntualidad; y así, se dio luego orden como velase las armas en un corral grande que a un lado de la venta estaba; y, recogiéndolas don Quijote todas, las puso sobre una pila que junto a un pozo estaba, y, embrazando su adarga, asió de su lanza y con gentil continente se comenzó a pasear delante de la pila; y cuando comenzó el paseo comenzaba a cerrar la noche.

Re: Hi!

ArribaleX wrote:

(Spanish)

I don't really understand what is said here, but if I'm piecing it together correctly (Google Translate), you're claiming you aren't an attacker (I think).

The message was directed to those who were trolling and attacking the forum. If you aren't an attacker, the message does not apply to you. If you are an attacker, it does.

Just like if you aren't one of the ones defending. If you aren't doing that, that means the message I gave for those who are posting here in defense of the forum does not apply to you.

If you're just remaining neutral here, don't stir the pot further. And please use English.