A fun 2D retro platformer inspired by Sonic games and a game creation system

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our community has moved to Discord! https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m

#1 2011-01-07 15:19:29

AP

Concept art

Hi guys.

I saw sometime ago somewhere that you were looking concepts for your characters. I drew few suggestions for you, and finally I got them scanned today, so I can send them to you. They aren't edited in anyway, and are only raw sketches, but if you find them useful please be free to use them.

I cannot promise in any way that I can participate more, but IF I have time next week (Monday - Tuesday), I can redraw them, with more detail and colors with modifications of your needs. But I need those wanted changes on Monday morning (GMT +2).  And also, if you want certain coloring that info would be helpful also.

I hope that you have some use for these. But if not, that is ok too.

-AP

Few things:
- Sharp is something of Yoda like
- Charge has old lady dress and pearl necklace
- Neon has black leather clothes, kind a Matrix feeling (Morpheus)
- Surge has caffeine addicted look, and electric shock fur

oDse3.jpg

rgdgH.jpg

5MZ8F.jpg

#2 2011-01-08 01:15:05

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Re: Concept art

Welcome, AP. smile

May I ask you how/where did you find about Open Surge?

Thank you for your raw sketches. Unfortunately we can't adopt all of them since we have already well established concepts for Surge, Charge and Gimacian (you can see those in the wiki). There are already some sketches for Neon (as you can see, he's a thin, cute character with a berret and a jetpack), but we don't have any full body concepts of him - in that style - to this day.

We still don't have anything related to Sharp yet, and in my opinion this sketch you made probably fits him. If it's possible for you, it would be nice to see a more detailed concept art of him, with colors. As a spoiler, Sharp is the really bad guy of this story, not Gimacian, but the player doesn't know about that until the end of the game, and that's why your idea of the 'calm' face with glasses fits him so well.

#3 2011-01-08 09:11:09

AP

Re: Concept art

Alexandre wrote:

May I ask you how/where did you find about Open Surge?

I read somewhere, (my guess is Reddit, but couldn't find the thread) that you were looking concepts 2-4 weeks ago.

Alexandre wrote:

We still don't have anything related to Sharp yet, and in my opinion this sketch you made probably fits him. If it's possible for you, it would be nice to see a more detailed concept art of him, with colors.

I think I can manage that smile It is only one character so I probably  have the free time before Monday to do it.

Board footer