Topic: Avatar

let me start with: I'm not a good artist.
I had nothing to do, so I made an avatar.

what do you think?

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: Avatar

maybe you could make other regions of his face move as well in order to make it look more natural.

Re: Avatar

Alexandre wrote:

maybe you could make other regions of his face move as well in order to make it look more natural.

now i use 3 images, perhaps I should use 4 or 5 images.

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: Avatar

ssdw wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

maybe you could make other regions of his face move as well in order to make it look more natural.

now i use 3 images, perhaps I should use 4 or 5 images.

Try to move his eyes a bit as well.

Re: Avatar

SilverstepP wrote:
ssdw wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

maybe you could make other regions of his face move as well in order to make it look more natural.

now i use 3 images, perhaps I should use 4 or 5 images.

Try to move his eyes a bit as well.

what would they do?
what movement?

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: Avatar

ssdw wrote:

what would they do?
what movement?

http://upload.surgeswarehouse.com/upload/9300W.jpg

Re: Avatar

now I have more frames.
I do not know what movement should make the eyes.
but here a new version:
http://lc.ssdw.nl/mijnAvatar.gif

but I can not use it as my avatar sad , I do not know why hmm
I get an error

Last edited by ssdw (2010-12-27 00:30:25)

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: Avatar

ssdw wrote:

I get an error

?

Re: Avatar

Alexandre wrote:
ssdw wrote:

I get an error

?

I already know the problem.
this image is 107,9 KB, the max size is 50 KB.

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

10

Re: Avatar

hey ssdw are 14 kb ok? tongue

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/4/1144074//mijnAvatar.gif

suggestion: make him blink his eyes

Last edited by KZR (2010-12-28 04:04:52)

https://image.ibb.co/kuSYrm/SD_sml.pnghttps://image.ibb.co/kHq8P6/SeD_sml.pnghttps://image.ibb.co/cJf8P6/LTot_W_sml.png

Re: Avatar

KZR wrote:

hey ssdw are 14 kb ok? tongue

how did you do that?
from 107.9 KB to 14 KB, saves a lot!
Many thanks.

KZR wrote:

suggestion: make him blink his eyes

the eyes are now very quiet indeed.
I'm going to try that.

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

12

Re: Avatar

it's a compression technique that remove parts of frames that are the same as the previous frame. which means only frame 1 is complete, the others just cover it with the parts that changed. i don't know about your animation tool, but i've seen many animated gifs like this around the web, so it seems there are various programs that can do it.
Personally i use Animation Shop, but that's not free.

https://image.ibb.co/kuSYrm/SD_sml.pnghttps://image.ibb.co/kHq8P6/SeD_sml.pnghttps://image.ibb.co/cJf8P6/LTot_W_sml.png

Re: Avatar

Hmmm.... I think GIMP might be able to do something like that. I think it may be at Filters->Animation->Optimize or Optimize for GIF .... one of those maybe. You can also reduce the quality a tiny bit of each frame.... usually unnoticeable. I'm sure some GIMP tutorials mention it... many have run into this problem, so it's more likely that such a thing is available in GIMP, even if only as a plug-in.

It might also be easier to work with if it's traced over as an SVG... at least I think it certainly would be in terms of animation.

Last edited by J0nnJ0nes (2011-01-04 20:40:55)

Re: Avatar

J0nnJ0nes wrote:

Hmmm.... I think GIMP might be able to do something like that. I think it may be at Filters->Animation->Optimize or Optimize for GIF .... one of those maybe. You can also reduce the quality a tiny bit of each frame.... usually unnoticeable. I'm sure some GIMP tutorials mention it... many have run into this problem, so it's more likely that such a thing is available in GIMP, even if only as a plug-in.

I'm going to try ginp, I'm still looking for a good program.
I had now made several frames and merged into one gif file (hence the large).
thanks smile

J0nnJ0nes wrote:

It might also be easier to work with if it's traced over as an SVG... at least I think it certainly would be in terms of animation.

it is an avatar, it must be a png, jpg or gif file.
since gif moves only, I think the choice is clear.

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php