Open Surge Forum

A fun 2D retro platformer inspired by Sonic games and a game creation system

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our community has moved to Discord! https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m

#1 2010-07-09 17:48:09

J0nnJ0nes

Story Revision v1

I've read through the entire story, and formatted it much like the script of a theatrical play. I wanted to revise some things to be more logical and nice, so some changes were made and I added some notes to what I think might also need to be changed (see the ` [Note ` messages in the text).

Note that the story is quite long, so read fast or semi-skim quickly. Feedback and discussion is a must. You can edit it yourself, just try to keep the format nice. I've provided the following versions of the text, all in one zip: PDF(.pdf), HTML (.html), Open-Office Document(.odt), and Microsoft Word 97/2000/ XP doc (.doc) [This last one does NOT show up properly, as all the italic sections are supposed to be indented from the left margin.].

GAME STORY REVISION v1: game-story.zip

P.S. I will try to put all new versions in this first post. If not, check for files below.

#2 2010-07-13 02:46:14

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Re: Story Revision v1

J0nnJ0nes wrote:

I've read through the entire story, and formatted it much like the script of a theatrical play. I wanted to revise some things to be more logical and nice, so some changes were made and I added some notes to what I think might also need to be changed (see the ` [Note ` messages in the text).

Note that the story is quite long, so read fast or semi-skim quickly. Feedback and discussion is a must. You can edit it yourself, just try to keep the format nice. I've provided the following versions of the text, all in one zip: PDF(.pdf), HTML (.html), Open-Office Document(.odt), and Microsoft Word 97/2000/ XP doc (.doc) [This last one does NOT show up properly, as all the italic sections are supposed to be indented from the left margin.].

GAME STORY REVISION v1: game-story.zip

P.S. I will try to put all new versions in this first post. If not, check for files below.

Nice job, J0nnJ0nes. smile

I think the formatting got really great, but I wonder if it's possible to get this script-like text written on the wiki. As the game is developed in a collaborative fashion, rather than distributing multiple versions of the story, it's more appropriate to use the wiki to write and publish the documents. Using the wiki, anyone can participate without having to deal with multiple files and file hosting. Also, we'll always have easy access to the latest version of the story.

#3 2010-07-13 16:21:08

J0nnJ0nes

Re: Story Revision v1

Well, that's what I was thinking to do, but after the edited story was approved. I don't like making big changes without at least some approval from others on an open-source project. That includes the style and formatting.

I went ahead and used a .odt to WikiMedia converter (Open Office plug-in too), and with a few quick, easy changes, it's on the Open Sonic wiki. The only problem is, it doesn't look as nice as the documents look... I can't seem to achieve the right font sizes... I'm not too used to WikiMedia Formatting... just the basics.

Board footer