Re: LC

Thank you, SilverstepP smile

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: LC

ssdw wrote:

Thank you, SilverstepP smile

No problem. smile

Re: LC

Wow, the new DNA door will make the division of characters very easy. big_smile . And it is really good for secret zones. smile

Piece of cake...!

Re: LC

SilverstepP wrote:

Blue=Surge
Yellow=Neon
Red=Charge
I assume the colors will be changed once we get the characters made

I guess we'll keep the red for Surge and possibly the yellow OR blue for Neon, but There should be a gray one ( tongue ) for Charge.

Your teacher asks you. What to answer? Say this:
"I thought the teacher is supposed to know."

Re: LC

SoniChris wrote:
SilverstepP wrote:

Blue=Surge
Yellow=Neon
Red=Charge
I assume the colors will be changed once we get the characters made

I guess we'll keep the red for Surge and possibly the yellow OR blue for Neon, but There should be a gray one ( tongue ) for Charge.

No. We have to have ORIGINAL DNA doors. These were ripped. I may try my hand at this.

EDIT: Nah... I got to work on my quest.

Last edited by SilverstepP (2010-07-30 05:38:32)

Re: LC

I have a question about the zindex hmm .
Not every brick is the zindex indicated, is the zindex than 0.0?

THANK smile

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: LC

ssdw wrote:

I have a question about the zindex hmm .
Not every brick is the zindex indicated, is the zindex than 0.0?

THANK smile

If no zindex is explicitly written, then zindex = 0.5

0.0 (back) <= zindex <= 1.0 (front)

zindex = 0.5 indicates that the given brick is "on the middle".

From http://opensnc.sourceforge.net/forum/vi … php?id=33:

# zindex:
#    Receives only one parameter (Z). This is used to control
#    the depth of the bricks (the order in which they will be
#    rendered). Use this property to achieve effects similar
#    to the ordering of the layers on GIMP, Photoshop, etc.
#
#    If Z is close to 0.0, then it will be displayed
#    behind the player.
#
#    If Z is equal to 0.5, then it's on the same level
#    as the player
#
#    If Z is close to 1.0, then it will be displayed in
#    front of the player
#
#    The default value is 0.5

Re: LC

Alexandre wrote:
ssdw wrote:

I have a question about the zindex hmm .
Not every brick is the zindex indicated, is the zindex than 0.0?

THANK smile

If no zindex is explicitly written, then zindex = 0.5

0.0 (back) <= zindex <= 1.0 (front)

zindex = 0.5 indicates that the given brick is "on the middle".

From http://opensnc.sourceforge.net/forum/vi … php?id=33:

# zindex:
#    Receives only one parameter (Z). This is used to control
#    the depth of the bricks (the order in which they will be
#    rendered). Use this property to achieve effects similar
#    to the ordering of the layers on GIMP, Photoshop, etc.
#
#    If Z is close to 0.0, then it will be displayed
#    behind the player.
#
#    If Z is equal to 0.5, then it's on the same level
#    as the player
#
#    If Z is close to 1.0, then it will be displayed in
#    front of the player
#
#    The default value is 0.5

thank you smile

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: LC

ssdw wrote:

I have a question,
what is the official name of this box...

I'm not sure, something + snackers or something, not on recall hmm hmm

http://www.powersonic.com.br/downloads/gifs/sonic_32bits/sonicknucklesemeraldsma.gif

Re: LC

Nick the hedgehog wrote:
ssdw wrote:

I have a question,
what is the official name of this box...

I'm not sure, something + snackers or something, not on recall hmm hmm

I call it now " Speed shoes".
but if you look at the names of the other boxes, it always ends with "Box" (see wiki: http://opensnc.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind … Item_boxes)
Here (http://opensnc.svn.sourceforge.net/view … iew=markup) is the name shoes speed, but there are still other names of items than on the wiki hmm

So I don't know neutral

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: LC

ssdw wrote:

I call it now " Speed shoes".
but if you look at the names of the other boxes, it always ends with "Box" (see wiki: http://opensnc.sourceforge.net/wiki/ind … Item_boxes)
Here (http://opensnc.svn.sourceforge.net/view … iew=markup) is the name shoes speed, but there are still other names of items than on the wiki

If any of you find any obvious mistakes in the wiki, please help us out by fixing them. The wiki missed the "speed shoes box" description, which I have just included. You people don't need permission to modify the wiki. Of course we monitor the wiki through the "recent changes" page, but any valid modifications will be kept.

The wiki still doesn't include the new items of the bleeding edge version, such as the new shields (thunder & water), the directional and periodic spikes, the horizontal and vertical fire & danger objects, and the multiple DNA doors (horizontal & vertical for each character). For the time being, their names are in item.h.

Re: LC

The last time I paid little attention to LC.
I wanted to buy blitzmax.
I want to use blitzmax for LC 2.0 (also linux version).
so I put little attention to LC.
but now I bought the program, I will work on LC 2.0.

it is a new language for me so it takes some more time.

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: LC

Please reupload a fully working version. The one you uploaded previously gave me this error:

Unexpected end of archive

Re: LC

jobromedia wrote:

Please reupload a fully working version. The one you uploaded previously gave me this error:

Unexpected end of archive

probably you try open a level of OpenSonic 0.1.4.
LC is now focused on 0.1.3

I am trying to reprogramming LC (in a different language) but that will take a while.
these vasion can open levels of OpenSonic 0.1.4, and read all objects.
I'm working on a load/unload systeen, This is quite complicated, because it should be fast and there are many things he should remember.

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: LC

How am I supposed to open a level anyways without the exe to open the level with in the first place? You see the file you've uploaded ends before it is supposed to end. Hence there is a lot of files missing, including the exe. Hence the error:

Unexpected end of archive

Last edited by jobromedia (2010-10-09 13:43:07)

Re: LC

jobromedia wrote:

How am I supposed to open a level anyways without the exe to open the level with in the first place? You see the file you've uploaded ends before it is supposed to end. Hence there is a lot of files missing, including the exe. Hence the error:

Unexpected end of archive

okey, I have a working version, this version I have not been released!
This version can only read the new version levels (0.1.4), otherwise it will turn off (without saying anything).
In this version, all items were added (Including the new items).
There is also a possibility with the boss, it works differently, but you see.
The thing is that objects can not read.

I am currently working on a whole new version, but that will take a while.
I will not include any error wink

Download: http://LC.ssdw.nl/levels/Users/LC_S.zip

Last edited by ssdw (2010-10-09 18:24:40)

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: LC

Thanks a lot for the download.

Looks neat, but lt lacks a lot if you ask me. I'm going to give you some constructive criticism.

1. It needs support for multiple harddrives. As a safety precaution I have Windows on C: and games on D: Otherwise a nice program.

2. It needs a standard interface that all knows. A problem is that all I get is a non standard dialog with a directory box with an ok button. Whenever I hit the ok button nothing more happens. There is no description what to do, or where to direct the program. This approach is hopelessly insufficient especially when Windows has a standard set of dialogs that all people who use Windows knows very well how to operate, or do you prefer that all have to relearn a new set of dialogs from scratch? This problem will force many (if not all) to drop your tool and return to the Open Sonic on board editor. You don't have to reinvent the wheel so to speak. Solution: Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express. It's free, and it works pretty well.

Last edited by jobromedia (2010-10-21 20:45:27)