Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

an artist that want to help?? AWESOME!! big_smile Great!! I like the Stella´s character design.
You can work in new and originals levels sprites. Ideas? Caves, snow mountains, haunted castles (as in Sonic Heroes: I loved the level tongue ) and more things. We have lots of level designers and some programmers, the really thing we need is an artist... and you have a lot of work now! wink

Piece of cake...!

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

ah sorry XD i was talking to my friend wrath ^^;

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

Ah, sorry, next time I´ll read all the comments XDD. But we need people to colaborate. I draw well when i don´t use the computer. neutral Well, I use very well the Corel Draw, but I lost originality in the computer, my themes are some limited (I tried to do one). So you can be very usefull: It´s more, the project needs you!

Piece of cake...!

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

uhm but what project are you talking about? yikes maybe i can make some background or some sprite if needed, but right now im trying to help wrath with his game, so I dont know X_x;;

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

Yes, but the wrath quest uses this same software. I know that it´s difficult make new sprites and you need time, but when you finish the project with wrath, (I proved the demo. Very well u.u) you can help us too. big_smile  And if at the end you decide to help us, very thanks!! smile

Piece of cake...!

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

I can HELP in the songs of the project?

http://www.powersonic.com.br/downloads/gifs/sonic_32bits/sonicknucklesemeraldsma.gif

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

Update!

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

wrath1138 wrote:

...and added a DNA door for Knuckles and Tails.

Oh man!!! I want to try this!

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

Wind Chime Zone is a lot of fun smile

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

looks very nice smile

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

oooh awesome! big_smile will we be able to see bosses?

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

nice update  cool cool

http://www.powersonic.com.br/downloads/gifs/sonic_32bits/sonicknucklesemeraldsma.gif

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

Now that I know what I'm doing (a bit more), could you please give us a patch for those doors, wrath?

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

SilverstepP wrote:

Now that I know what I'm doing (a bit more), could you please give us a patch for those doors, wrath?

Hmm How do I do that exactly? xD

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

wrath1138 wrote:
SilverstepP wrote:

Now that I know what I'm doing (a bit more), could you please give us a patch for those doors, wrath?

Hmm How do I do that exactly? xD

... Alexandre? Help?

Could we apply this (when we get it that is) to the actual engine? It seems quite useful... especially to me since my levels are usually focused on seperating the players.

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

I guess for now I could post the item.c and item.h and level.c so you can see the changes.

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

wrath1138 wrote:

I guess for now I could post the item.c and item.h and level.c so you can see the changes.

Sure. Patches are better due to size, but this works as well.

Man, I can't wait to try it! I felt so limited with only that one dna door.

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

I'm going to sleep now, I'll post the files tomorrow/later along with a video of a tutorial level I did to show the new DNA doors. You should be careful when changing stuff since I activated also the angled Springs the blue springs and the little fireball that drops along with the new DNA doors.

Last edited by wrath1138 (2010-07-15 07:40:35)

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

*update*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlN4x8u1pu0

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

these DNA doors are great big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile
When we can use these doors?

This is a good explanation Stage.
I am looking forward to play your stages smile

http://ssdw.nl/forum/getforumpic.php

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

ssdw wrote:

these DNA doors are great big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile
When we can use these doors?

This is a good explanation Stage.
I am looking forward to play your stages smile

W-Was that a vertical (EDIT: Well, horizontal as far as the beam's concerned, but vertical as far as going through it) DNA door?! Excellent! I've been needing that as well!

Last edited by SilverstepP (2010-07-15 22:32:18)

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

Here are the files, includes

item.c
item.h
level.c
sprite.def
DNA_DOORS_FULL.png
Baddies2Work.png

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?yz0jztwgvzqmzyd

The last one contains some of the enemies I want to add if anyone has suggestions or wants to help put them in xD

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

wrath1138 wrote:

Here are the files, includes

item.c
item.h
level.c
sprite.def
DNA_DOORS_FULL.png
Baddies2Work.png

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?yz0jztwgvzqmzyd

The last one contains some of the enemies I want to add if anyone has suggestions or wants to help put them in xD

Awesome.

Alexandre, I'm begging you. Please put these DNA doors in the repository so the bleeding edge can have it when it updates!

Even if a DNA door for Tails and Knuckles seems to not be needed, they've already been made. Plus, vertical (horizontal, whatever) DNA doors will help as well... especially in stopping Tails and Knuckles from getting to places you don't want them to go.

Also, not to mention it would make this quest playable. :-p

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

The video is pretty nice, but the audio is awful tongue Anyway, nice job with the new DNA doors!

@Silver: it is possible, but it will take a while. At this very moment we're working to improve how the engine works internally, so we'll have a more flexible system later. That includes the code of the items. We're not adding new items right now, but after we're done with the core improvements, we may add the new DNA doors as well.

Re: Sonic and the Magical Stone (9-10-2010) - Download Demo : )

Alexandre wrote:

At this very moment we're working to improve how the engine works internally, so we'll have a more flexible system later. That includes the code of the items. We're not adding new items right now, but after we're done with the core improvements, we may add the new DNA doors as well.

Improvements and stuff awesome :3