You are not logged in.

Announcement

Our community has moved to Discord! https://discord.gg/w8JqM7m

#1 2010-01-15 16:16:20

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

[WORK POSITION] Forum Moderator

Do you want to contribute to the development of the game? We have 1 open work position for a Forum Moderator.

Work description:
Forum Moderators are responsible for moderating discussion and also keeping the forum clean, neutralizing spam. Moderators also answer users' concerns about the forum. Currently the forum is small, but it is expected to grow in the next few years.

See also: Work Positions.

Requirements:

• Advanced / Fluent English knowledge

• You must be able to visit the forum at least once every two days (preferably once a day)

How to apply:
Please send an e-mail to alemartf(at)gmail.com or answer to this thread.

#2 2010-03-03 04:45:00

eew
Website

Re: [WORK POSITION] Forum Moderator

Hi! I can help you! I speak little english and spanish big_smile

#3 2010-03-03 12:50:47

SilverstepP

I would like to be a forum mod too, if you haven't gotten my email yet. I know a lot of advanced English because it is really my only language. I can have access to here every day, and I have had some experience with forums before as an admin, so I know how to mod things here!

#4 2010-03-05 00:50:45

eew
Website

Is better put two moderators? one for spanish support and other of english support? What you thing? hmm

#5 2010-03-05 01:07:36

SamplingMasters_Nix

eew wrote:

Is better put two moderators? one for spanish support and other of english support? What you thing? hmm

I think you better shape up with your english, if your thinking about making it to the top.

Now, I know forums, sometimes they cannot be trusted. However, if this would help, the forum needs a moderator with a high command of the English language. A moderator must get across his/her point with clarity and authority. Mr. eew, if you are going to apply for this position, I would highly suggest taking a keyboarding class, improve your accuracy, and come back if the position is still not filled.

Now if I become a moderator, I would excercise my right to lock threads I find unfitting and move threads that fit in other catagories. That is what being a moderator is, maintaining the threads that define us.

Last edited by SamplingMasters_Nix (2010-03-05 01:08:29)

I'm ready and waiting for you!

#6 2010-03-05 03:03:17

SilverstepP

Wow, there's a lot of people wanting to be moderators... I agree with samplingmaster. I saw something in the level forum that should be moved since it said that it had to have a link to stay there. I read all the READ BEFORE POSTINGS... er... before I posted.

I think I could be a good moderator since I had experience, but samplingmaster's just as good a choice. His English looks fine, and he's on as much as I am. I wish we could BOTH be mods... because I know there will be times I can't get on and that there will most likely be times he can't get on. Plus, we could split the forums so we don't have to look at every single forum as an individual.

But I'm not one to argue with your logic, Alexandre... it's your game, so do whatever you see fit! smile

#7 2010-03-05 15:15:33

eew
Website

Ok... with the experience, i´m admin (first mod, next global mod) in forosgalaxia and mod in hazreferidos. I know use VBulletin, bbphp, invision, smf and others...
If i´m out of the work position... only i cay is "if you need help, contact me"... big_smile

#8 2010-03-06 13:56:25

Alexandre
Administrator
Website

Thank you all. The position has been filled. smile

1 forum mod is enough for now. As the community grows, we'll need more.

#9 2010-03-06 14:34:44

eew
Website

Congratulations Silver! big_smile

#10 2010-03-06 17:17:41

SamplingMasters_Nix

Good one, Silver. By the way, English is capitalized! Also, do you need tech members, Alexandre? Because, I am starting a project for a custom quest.

I'm ready and waiting for you!

#11 2010-03-06 17:36:41

SilverstepP

Thanks! I won't let you guys down!

#12 2010-03-07 00:14:00

eew
Website

Silver wrote:

Thanks! I won't let you guys down!

hahaha... Ok.

By the way, why the forum haven´t spanish, german, etc. forums?

Board footer