Topic: Hi!

Hi! I'm Renato from Brasil! I'm a old friend of arriba and retired MMF developer.

Re: Hi!

well come big_smile big_smile big_smile

Last edited by yuushmitsu (2013-08-04 03:43:55)

Yoshimitsu the Hedgehog

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/518/4zcx.jpg

roll

hi,

what can i do 4 u?

Alexandre wrote:

hi,

what can i do 4 u?

Let's dance baby

STALTZ wrote:

Let's dance baby

roll

anything else, other than making your voice known?

Alexandre wrote:
STALTZ wrote:

Let's dance baby

roll

Well, that's just better then being known for only creating pastiches.

http://i39.tinypic.com/o6zq6o.png

Alexandre wrote:
STALTZ wrote:

Let's dance baby

No babe, just dance. LES DANCE THE WHOLE NIGH

http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Kids/Two%20kids%20dancing.gif

STALTZ wrote:
Alexandre wrote:

No babe, just dance. LES DANCE THE WHOLE NIGH

well, then. Go ahead. Do whatever you came here to do.

It seems that you're still a pussy, doesn't it?
I mean, haven't you get man enough to face your problems instead of dodge them as if you weren't responsible for the mess you've made? Those guys are not just trolling you because it's fun to mock or bully you. There's a whole serious reason behind this all. We don't want any revenge, we just want you to admit and apologize for the imature things you've done. But the thing is: have you grown up enough? With this kind of approach, it doesn't seem so. I'd advise you not to ignore them nor pretend you don't know what's going on. Can't you even do it!? For your own sake?!

http://i39.tinypic.com/o6zq6o.png

Yuush wrote:

I mean, haven't you get man enough to face your problems instead of dodge them as if you weren't responsible for the mess you've made? Those guys are not just trolling you because it's fun to mock or bully you. There's a whole serious reason behind this all. We don't want any revenge, we just want you to admit and apologize for the imature things you've done. But the thing is: have you grown up enough? With this kind of approach, it doesn't seem so. I'd advise you not to ignore them nor pretend you don't know what's going on. Can't you even do it!? For your own sake?!

yes sir, you're quite right. smile Psychological maturity is a tremendous thing.

whenever one is going to maintain a project (be it a game, a website, a company, or whatever), it is of absolute importance to have inner peace. If this crucial element is not present, then life becomes a misery and the project you fight so hard for becomes yet another source of fear, anxiety, dissatisfaction and pain. There are many many workplaces in the world where people are unhappy. People go on through the motions, struggling endlessly and working hard for some miserable reward from peers, who are all seeking the same perks and thinking endlessly about themselves. Worse: when they get "there", they discover that they have fooled themselves, as they are more miserable than ever. They're so stressed out, running in circles, full of imagined "problems".

People all around, no matter their age, bank account, "expertise", "prestige", perceived "intelligence" by peers or by themselves, "position" or some other BS like that, lack even the most basic psychological maturity. They're like kids, as their well-being/satisfaction is totally dependent on the opinions of others, on what others say or don't say ("please like us", "you're not man enough", and so on). And that dependence must breed fear, resentment, fighting, conflict, anger.

So, I too was trapped in a state of fear and conflict, unconsciously projecting it all around. Now, most people live totally conflicted inside, full of imagined 'enemies' and fears. Then they resonate, responding with more dissatisfaction, anger, fear and so on, creating a ripple effect. Everybody participates in the (imagined) nightmare that is so "serious", thus generating an unending struggle. That's why inner balance is so important, so that one no longer contributes to the insanity all around (by electing imaginary 'enemies', by thinking naively that one is superior to anyone else - as one labels or mocks others -, and so on).

even after giving up on my previous project, it took "me" a number of years to find that uncontaminated ground within. Still, shortly before giving up, the misery was so great that even the thought of carrying it on would be unbearable. Unfortunately, at the time i didn't realize that the problem was not the situation itself, but my thoughts about it. When i did the immature things you talk about, i was about 17 with lots of hormones, anxiety and (imagined) fears going on, not to mention the college admission exams. Clearly not a good combination tongue, as the state of mind is far more important than the situation itself. I simply crashed.

so, sir, you're right: i'm sorry about all that. Okay? smile

Yuush wrote:

Hey, isn't that a bit of a low blow?  After all, internet trolls will be internet trolls whether or not someone has made mistakes in the past, and everyone makes mistakes.  All it takes is a little digging and you can find things that someone would rather hide...after all a mistake could even be as simple as bullying someone in a forum one time and all of a sudden it could turn into a big headache when a future employer or lender finds it.

If I knew then what I know now I'd tell you that the story's true.  Cause whatever you do, it comes back to you.  -Slaughter, Burning Bridges

Yuush wrote:

Well, then. Someone's angry.

Which says a lot considering this statement is coming to you from the one who got the most noticeably angry over the past decisions that were made here.

Trolling, bullying, or whatever here isn't the answer. Sorry, kiddo, adult, or whoever you are. It's real hard to feel motivated to apologize or change anything if someone's being harassed by a bunch of jackasses like you. You're making the people who were angry about whatever mess was made look horrible.

By the way, it's 'immature'. If you're gonna "break character" and rant about someone acting like that, at least act like you have the mentality of someone out of grade school.

Alexandre wrote:

yes sir, you're quite right.  Psychological maturity is a tremendous thing.

Don't go emotional BSing us now. Very simple logic here: you didn't give the community to the community.

Gaming Brasil was a real community. I'm not talking about the website, the forum, the mods or whatever. I'm talking about the people and the interactions. Somehow you decided to sit on top of it all as a king, and out of the blue suddenly shut everything down leaving no backups behind.

It would be the easiest thing for you to do: "Ok, people, I'm out! I'm feeling bad, I have personal problems. Take this community and do whatever you want with it." But no, you understood "Gaming Brasil" = Me, so you blasted the shit to outer space.

And guess what? You're not the only one that was "emotionally" affected, we were all teenagers at that time and all of us miss the community that existed there. We all got what I call "Gaming Brasil trauma". We typically don't want to participate in forums anymore because of "admin dictatorship". We tried several times through BRMaker, A Oficina, Cérebro, etc. But the "admin fear" is always there. People think the community belongs to a person.

Me, Diogo, Yuush, Samuel(games), Cocão, Keyo, etc we became real friends. Real friends. We talk on Facebook chat every single day of the week. A lot. Think about it. Not just us, but a whole bunch of other people came together through that sucky phpBB forum. hcdjp visited my house, we ate pão de queijo together, played X360 and laughed. Some of us gather once in a while to complain how such shitty decision you took to suddenly shut down everything and take all the GB credit to yourself. Our problem is that you think Gaming Brasil = You, while most of the good stuff was made by the community, not by you. I was even a long-time moderator there and you didn't even once hint that you would blow up the whole building. What kind of consideration is that?

You're a quite smart programmer, but sorry, you can't program people. On the Internet people disagree with you. And they typically don't give a shit about emotions. It's a tough thing, but it's the reality, and you're not the only one facing it. And that's a lesson for life, because we all face these same people on the street or at work, there's just a bit more of faking and masks going on.

Your rage quit affected us all. Affected me. Actually in a positive way, the "admin trauma" led me to start my own startup to develop an admin-free forum platform. A piece of the Internet readers knows your story, I published it on Medium: https://medium.com/i-m-h-o/d2c76abfc03d (over 1k reads)

Let your mistake be recorded so all of us can be careful to avoid it.

What can you do now? Let those that want to restart GB do it (not me, I'm sure). Give them the powers. Give them back what they deserve. Don't steal from them. The source code is available, cool (3 years after the rage quit?), but what about the database? That's the best you could do, and play nice.

Your choice.

Last edited by STALTZ (2013-08-08 14:28:34)

You want someone who won't give you "emotional BS"?

Well then. It's time for a game of 'Brutal Honesty':

1. So, this happened over (and by what I understand, possibly well over) 3 years ago and you're posting about it just now? You all registered about month ago. Come on. It's been that long, and you're seriously that obsessed over a forum that was shut down? Really. Get a life. You're all still buddies or whatever even after that forum was shut down, and you're talking on Facebook. Why is this a problem? Alex doesn't 'admin king' you there and you're quite free to talk or do whatever you want. You're acting like you had no choice to do anything. If you don't like it, leave, and move on with your life.

2. Once you keep up a site, then you'll realize how much an admin or a moderator has to deal with. Like spam. Or trolls. And it gets extremely hard when it comes to trying to keep everyone happy. If you built something from the ground up and don't feel like doing it anymore, then that's your choice. Given the manner how you all reacted to this, I'd honestly want to leave as well if you were all always like this.

3. If this whole thing really annoys you all that much, there's a simple solution. Seriously. I do see you've already been doing something to that extent, but I'd thought it'd be fair to warn you: forums still must have structure. Trolls, spam, or whatever else will just tear the place apart otherwise. If anyone who can just jump in the forum can do anything, then what's stopping someone from making several fake accounts? Power abuse is potentially going to happen anyways. When a spam bot signs up fake accounts into your forum, like one did here when I was still a Mod, it can begin making spam accounts almost as often as twice a day. It's going to become a huge mess that everyone can't clean up in a realistic amount of time.

4. If you already have your own solution, why are you all bothering for such immature revenge here anyways? You're beating something that's happened years ago into the ground. Go work on your 'adminless forum' instead of having all of your friends create chaos here. If you think it's the best thing since sliced bread, and if other people on the internet agree, then good for you. But you're really not achieving anything here by trolling or ranting, aside from making yourselves look like idiots.

Any questions?

silverstep don't know shit about the case, yet wants to make an adult of himself to totally strangers
don't buy other's problem, dude, just beat it wink

the thing is, arrobalex had the easiest way out, pointed out by freaking everybody. nope, he had to be selfish, "i have my problems, so i'm taking everybody's work and effort with me, goodbye @-}--" he chose sides. he thought that was a battle of good against evil.

what for? to start again yet another shitty project that's not going to take him anywhere. he could have done that without damaging anyone. he could still be useless by himself, no big deal.

everything has a price. you'll have to deal with this ghost for a long, long time, man.

http://i.imgur.com/7bHEVW1.jpg

STALTZ wrote:

Don't go emotional BSing us now. Very simple logic here: you didn't give the community to the community.

Gaming Brasil was a real community. I'm not talking about the website, the forum, the mods or whatever. I'm talking about the people and the interactions. Somehow you decided to sit on top of it all as a king, and out of the blue suddenly shut everything down leaving no backups behind.

It would be the easiest thing for you to do: "Ok, people, I'm out! I'm feeling bad, I have personal problems. Take this community and do whatever you want with it." But no, you understood "Gaming Brasil" = Me, so you blasted the shit to outer space.

And guess what? You're not the only one that was "emotionally" affected, we were all teenagers at that time and all of us miss the community that existed there. We all got what I call "Gaming Brasil trauma". We typically don't want to participate in forums anymore because of "admin dictatorship". We tried several times through BRMaker, A Oficina, Cérebro, etc. But the "admin fear" is always there. People think the community belongs to a person.

Me, Diogo, Yuush, Samuel(games), Cocão, Keyo, etc we became real friends. Real friends. We talk on Facebook chat every single day of the week. A lot. Think about it. Not just us, but a whole bunch of other people came together through that sucky phpBB forum. hcdjp visited my house, we ate pão de queijo together, played X360 and laughed. Some of us gather once in a while to complain how such shitty decision you took to suddenly shut down everything and take all the GB credit to yourself. Our problem is that you think Gaming Brasil = You, while most of the good stuff was made by the community, not by you. I was even a long-time moderator there and you didn't even once hint that you would blow up the whole building. What kind of consideration is that?

You're a quite smart programmer, but sorry, you can't program people. On the Internet people disagree with you. And they typically don't give a shit about emotions. It's a tough thing, but it's the reality, and you're not the only one facing it. And that's a lesson for life, because we all face these same people on the street or at work, there's just a bit more of faking and masks going on.

Your rage quit affected us all. Affected me. Actually in a positive way, the "admin trauma" led me to start my own startup to develop an admin-free forum platform. A piece of the Internet readers knows your story, I published it on Medium: https://medium.com/i-m-h-o/d2c76abfc03d (over 1k reads)

Let your mistake be recorded so all of us can be careful to avoid it.

What can you do now? Let those that want to restart GB do it (not me, I'm sure). Give them the powers. Give them back what they deserve. Don't steal from them. The source code is available, cool (3 years after the rage quit?), but what about the database? That's the best you could do, and play nice.

Your choice.

I understand what you say about the past. However ...

It's quite convenient for a group to elect one 'bad guy', and blame him for traumas and problems. Quite understandable, but also delusional and naive. I hold that we were ALL agressors and victims. That's why a balanced state of mind - free of imagined fears, free of imagined 'enemies', free of anger, free of insanity - is of absolute importance whenever you maintain a project. That applies to your project too. I didn't know that years ago, but now I do.

Again, sir, I'm sorry for all the pain I caused. That was due to ignorance - a collective ignorance that went into overwhelm. You've said it yourself: we were all teenagers. Whenever you elect an 'enemy' (me, the USA, the arabs, or whatever), you're being immature, delusional, a lunatic. You're in a state of war, and THAT is the real root of trouble. Destruction is the outcome of a problem that belongs to the collective. The responsibility is collective, as the violence, agression and harassement are everywhere. You have just proved it: you have trolled this community all around!! It was absolutely the same thing back then! Who is it that didn't change, truthfully? Who is it that don't play nice, actually? sad

You see, people would rather elect an illusory 'bad guy', so that they don't face their own responsibility. I did the best I knew - far from perfect, it's true. There were many many mistakes from my part - including the immaturity you say -, but nonetheless, it was the best I knew. I too accumulated traumas, and, feeling alone, I eventually went into overwhelm. Now, you're electing an 'enemy', when in fact we were all victims from each other - due to our collective immaturity. When most people are in a state of war, fear, conflict, resentment, anger, the result must be destruction. I'm not trying to program anybody - that's your own projection. neutral

As long as you take 'me' (this virtual avatar) to be 'the bad guy', 'the immature', 'the public enemy', you're being delusional, and the imagined conflict will go on. Not because of me, but because of you. You too must grow up.

Since according to your text the community is the people and their interactions, you still have it: you have just said it yourself, haven't you? What was shut down was the website, but the interactions are alive even today, as you have beautifully put it.

What you want here is to make an argument, to blame someone in public, to clean dirty clothes in front of everyone, to strengten your sense of a group against an imagined 'enemy', or do you want to put the website back online? You said you personally don't want to put it back online. I made the same offer 3.5 years ago, publicly - to put the website back online and give it to you -, but you people said 'no'; you said you had better ideas. Changed your mind?

neves wrote:

everything has a price. you'll have to deal with this ghost for a long, long time, man.

So, you want to express your hate. Go on.

neves wrote:

silverstep don't know shit about the case, yet wants to make an adult of himself to totally strangers

I don't really tolerate immaturity. I don't care what this is about, there's no excuse for how any of you are acting. I got mad at Alex at one point and I let go of the situation. You're the ones currently attacking the forum.

Really, what are you even trying to achieve here?

me? oh no. it's not about choosing a target. or focus rage on someone.
i'm just a guy with an opinion.

SilverstepP wrote:
neves wrote:

I don't really tolerate immaturity. I don't care what this is about, there's no excuse for how any of you are acting. I got mad at Alex at one point and I let go of the situation. You're the ones currently attacking the forum.

i bet you have better things to do, don't you? don't worry about us

neves wrote:
SilverstepP wrote:
neves wrote:

i bet you have better things to do, don't you? don't worry about us

Nice job dodging the question.

But, OK. I'll sit back and watch. Really.

You want to make idiots of yourselves? Go for it, if you think it will achieve anything.

Lets quit the english, it just brings these random strangers.

3 anos e meio atras vc ofereceu abrir o site de novo e oferecer pra gente? Que? Ofereceu pra quem? Nao to lembrado nao senhor.

Pra ser sincero, ninguem liga mais pra GB. Ninguem quer voltar com a GB. Não estamos trollando sua comunidade mais, ela ja está trollada. Olha aí sinceramente e você vai ver que você está sozinho num mar de sonicnoobs.

E esse foi sempre o problema da GB. Nao tinha nenhum conflito e nenhuma guerra separando usuarios A e usuarios B. Tinha voce, tinha uma boa parcela de usuarios inteligentes, e tinha um mar de sonicnoobs. A parte dos usuarios com cerebro estava de saco cheio dos sonicnoobs, estes sim eram os que sujavam tudo. Os nao noobs comecaram a reclamar da noobice. A gente queria liberdade disso. Insistimos. Insistimos. E de repente, vc fecha tudo. Essa foi a historia da GB.

O que vc faz? Monta uma comunidade gringa de sonicnoobs e nunca mais fala com a gente.

STALTZ wrote:

Lets quit the english, it just brings these random strangers.

wait. If you don't want the "strangers", why did you make this talk public in the first place?
Google translate: http://translate.google.com/#pt/en/

STALTZ wrote:

3 anos e meio atras vc ofereceu abrir o site de novo e oferecer pra gente? Que? Ofereceu pra quem? Nao to lembrado nao senhor.

I do remember offering the website again, in a discussion board called "preneogb2k" or something like that. First semester of 2010. You were there.

STALTZ wrote:

Pra ser sincero, ninguem liga mais pra GB. Ninguem quer voltar com a GB. Não estamos trollando sua comunidade mais, ela ja está trollada. Olha aí sinceramente e você vai ver que você está sozinho num mar de sonicnoobs.

So, if you don't care about the website, what are you doing here? You want to express how you feel? I acknowledge it. Want me to say something, how stupid I am, and so on? I do it.

STALTZ wrote:

E esse foi sempre o problema da GB. Nao tinha nenhum conflito e nenhuma guerra separando usuarios A e usuarios B. Tinha voce, tinha uma boa parcela de usuarios inteligentes, e tinha um mar de sonicnoobs. A parte dos usuarios com cerebro estava de saco cheio dos sonicnoobs, estes sim eram os que sujavam tudo. Os nao noobs comecaram a reclamar da noobice. A gente queria liberdade disso. Insistimos. Insistimos. E de repente, vc fecha tudo. Essa foi a historia da GB.

O que vc faz? Monta uma comunidade gringa de sonicnoobs

So, there were "you" - the intelligent folks, as you've said - and a bunch of "noobs". The stupid "noobs"... let's get rid of them! mad Clearly, "you" are somehow 'superior' to the "noobs", isn't it so? tongue That's a delusion.

STALTZ wrote:

e nunca mais fala com a gente.

that is true. I'm sorry. sad

Lol, nunca ouvi falar de preneogb2k, e vc deveria saber que fazer fakes é a coisa mais facil. Ja fizeram varios fakes meus, bem convincentes até.

Superior aos noobs? Com certeza. Definitivamente. Vc deveria ver o mesmo. Nao é discriminacao. Alias, é discriminacao sua explodir a GB e ficar com os noobs.

Talvez pq é mais confortavel ne? Lidar com gente que te ama, te obedece, te idolatra, e se comporta como criança.

A gente discordava de vc (inteligentemente no inicio, claro, todo mundo tinha medo de ban), nao te idolatrava, te desafiava. Sua reação? Abolir esse tipo de gente da sua vida. E ficar com os que te amam.

Mas vc nao é um sonicnoob. Vc tem cerebro. Quase dois. Só que vc só quer lidar com sonicnoob. Que outra alternativa sobra na nossa mente exceto entender que vc era um ditador/rei?

O que a gente quer? Sei la. Nada. Só achamos uma piada muito grande essa comunidade aqui. E muito estranho como vc levou tanto tempo pra minimamente perdoar ou esquecer nós. nem te ofendemos tao agressivamente, só discordamos de vc. Todo mundo discorda na internet.

pleas no fight mad

Yoshimitsu the Hedgehog

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/518/4zcx.jpg

Alexandre wrote:

So, there were "you" - the intelligent folks, as you've said - and a bunch of "noobs". The stupid "noobs"... let's get rid of them!  Clearly, "you" are somehow 'superior' to the "noobs", isn't it so?  That's a delusion.

Projects from the "intelligent folks" that once were Gaming Brasil users:
http://www.roguelegacy.com/
http://www.chasmgame.com/
http://joymasher.com/
http://www.oniken.net/
http://iroquote.com/
http://www.indiedb.com/games/cold-tension
If you think that this isn't any better than what come from the "sonicnoobs", I think that you are in delusion.

Last edited by diogo123 (2013-08-08 20:11:42)