Topic: I'm back

It's been a while.

First off, I want to say that I was wrong for getting so mad about the change in developmental policy. I severely overreacted.

I will also admit that I did some dishonest things just before I left as a moderator.

Before I left, I changed Jobromedia and So-Nick's passwords. Between my aggression and my friends egging me on to "get some revenge", I gave in. Neither of them deserved it. Neither of them were even involved. They didn't have anything to do with any of this. It was immoral, unethical, and just downright stupid of me to do that to them. I have graduated high school, and I realize that it is time to mature. I could not just stand by after all this time and keep it to myself that I potentially hurt the feelings of two users who did not deserve it.

All I can say now is that I'm sorry. To everyone in this project. Especially Alex, Jobromedia, and So-Nick. My act of immature aggression was a completely idiotic move on my part. I should never have done that. I don't know if my apologies will be enough for everyone, but I want to attempt to set this right however I can.

And for everyone that is wondering, yes. I posted as SupertheHedgie several times before I came back as myself. He gave me the keys to his account a bit back.

Finally, yes. Mechanical Marathon is continuing for those interested. It never even stopped. I'm attempting a unique multiplayer game for it right now, which hopefully would provide some fun for you guys.

I don't know what else I can say at this point other than that I care too much about this community to do something so idiotic and unjustified without saying anything about it. I regret doing it, and I regret waiting for this long to admit that I did. And everyone in this forum deserves to know what I did. So here I am.

I hope this clears some things up, and I hope that I can get the forgiveness of those who I may have hurt.

Last edited by SilverstepP (2012-06-22 23:47:32)

Re: I'm back

Welcome Back! "Great too see you again!" wink

Last edited by S32X (2012-06-22 23:58:33)

We're very happy to have you here once again.

Welcome back. smile

we love you man! *group hug* big_smile

wait... SilverStepP... AHHH you're that guy pestering me on Skype!!! NOOO!!! go away!! tongue big_smile

welcome back! It's good to have you around as your real self.

https://image.ibb.co/kuSYrm/SD_sml.pnghttps://image.ibb.co/kHq8P6/SeD_sml.pnghttps://image.ibb.co/cJf8P6/LTot_W_sml.png

KZR wrote:

we love you man! *group hug* big_smile

wait... SilverStepP... AHHH you're that guy pestering me on Skype!!! NOOO!!! go away!! tongue big_smile

welcome back! It's good to have you around as your real self.

What? neutral hmm

Well then you're back. Welcome.

Why did you alter our passwords? I've been trying hard to get on here. Was almost ready to create a new account. So, a proper explanation is due expected.

You gotta treat everyone the way you want to be treated yourself. With respect! I for instance would never ever for a second gain moderator status to alter anyone elses passwords than my own. That's for sure. As a moderator you're taking on the responsibility to keep the forum clean and tidy. That's the main responsibility you have as a moderator. And yet you audacity took the liberty to alter our passwords for no appearant reason. Why?!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49224462/Forums/OpenSurge/surge-mad.png

What I want to know is why was it specifically Jobro and So-Nick out of all people.

I see you want to continue this publically. Then, we shall, Jobromedia.

jobromedia wrote:

Well then you're back. Welcome.

Why did you alter our passwords? I've been trying hard to get on here. Was almost ready to create a new account. So, a proper explanation is due expected.

You gotta treat everyone the way you want to be treated yourself. With respect! I for instance would never ever for a second gain moderator status to alter anyone elses passwords than my own. That's for sure. As a moderator you're taking on the responsibility to keep the forum clean and tidy. That's the main responsibility you have as a moderator. And yet you audacity took the liberty to alter our passwords for no appearant reason. Why?!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49224462/Forums/OpenSurge/surge-mad.png

Um, did you look at your Facebook? At all? You know, where I private messaged you and apologized to you directly? I did that before I even posted this topic.

I already told you that it was my fault and that I had no excuse. If you would kindly read my post and the load of apologies that I've given everyone, including you, you would have seen that it was indeed me doing a bad thing, and me trying to make up for it. You screaming at me in front of everyone is not the answer, especially since I've outright mentioned nearly in every sentence that I had no right to do so as it was. You don't need to remind me.

Jobromedia wrote:

As a moderator you're taking on the responsibility to keep the forum clean and tidy. That's the main responsibility you have as a moderator.

I suppose that those hundreds (literally, hundreds) of spammers that got banned just did that to themselves. Or those topics that got moved to their proper areas moved themselves. Some of which were your own.

I didn't become moderator to abuse it. I could have done this little trick to you a long time ago, Jobromedia. And, if I hadn't voluntarily revealed that I did it just before I left, you would have never known that I did it. I tried to apologize and to make up for it, and I'm trying to be a better person by learning from what I did. So, how about, instead of screaming at me publically, you actually read what I sent you on Facebook and actually look at what I said and continue this in PRIVATE. Or are you going to ignore me as you have dozens of other times? Such as when I sent you PMs as moderator?

I apologized, I did everything I could to fix it, so I don't feel any more guilt about doing it. I tried to make things right. If you're going to bitch about it, feel free, but I can't do much else other than tell you that I already apologized to you before I even posted here in the forum.

And next time, at least choose an image that fits your post.

S32X wrote:

What I want to know is why was it specifically Jobro and So-Nick out of all people.

Several of my friends (none of which are actually members, but lurkers) pushed me to do it because they were both seemingly "the most annoying" or "the biggest jerk" out of everyone who posts here. Jobromedia and I have never seen eye-to-eye, which is obvious given this tension.

So-Nick just seemed to be annoying with his posts. I feel that So-Nick, in this case, especially didn't deserve it, because he didn't even dislike me.

I already apologized to everyone. If anyone is going to drag this out further, then that's their problem.

Last edited by SilverstepP (2012-06-27 02:08:51)

Lurkers? Like Redshrike? So-Nick isn't that good with English. As much as I think he should study the language, he seems okay.

S32X wrote:

Like Redshrike?

*Sigh*

No. Not Redshrike. He isn't even a lurker. It's nobody you know. They don't have usernames here.

Last edited by SilverstepP (2012-06-27 02:16:15)

... hmm Is that why there's numerous guests all the time?

No. That's actually part of a bug that Alex and I have discussed in the past.

Please. Stop posting here.

Last edited by SilverstepP (2012-06-27 02:55:00)

*sighs. Another one fell for the group pressure. smile

I'm not mad at you, SilverstepP. You're forgiven as long it doesn't happen again.

I don't see how it can, given the fact that I'm not a moderator anymore and probably won't be again any time soon.

But alright. Let us speak of this no further. Alex, can you close this?

To jobro and nick: as already has been said in private, I'm terribly sorry this all had happened. The lesson has been learned, and such an incident certainly won't happen again.